Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Día Tres

First impressions


After dinner last night with the PMT of Craighouse school and making first impressions with the school, day three meant it was our first visit to the school where we would be working for the next three months! This included professional photographs, a tour of the school, introduction to our class teachers and our class followed by a workshop of how the school works. 

The school is in the most beautiful location, surrounded by views of the andes. The site itself is huge! Stretching from play group all the way to year 13 with 7 form entry in most of the year groups. I cannot believe I will be working in an environment like this for the next three months! 


The tour of the school included walking around the whole site and introductions to many more members of the staff. Every single person was very welcoming and was very excited to have us and eager to start working with us. (Also some introductions to some safety procedures such as earthquakes...) Onto lunch, had a classic Chilean style lunch of some sort of mashed potato with different vegetables and some meat (YUMMY!), eating with a view in the sun was something quite special. After lunch I got to meet the group of year 1 children I would be working with for the duration of my time at Craighouse, very lovely and excited bunch of children, eager to practise their English skills with me and teach me some Spanish. 



I couldn't be more excited about starting work on Thursday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment